Are you interested in focusing more on Christ and less on mass consumerism this Christmas? Proverbs 19:17 reads: “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.” Try multitasking your gift-giving by Buying a Bag … Feeding a Family … and Preserving the Planet! The Global Bag Project’s reusable kanga-cloth bags:
• Are made of sturdy, eco-friendly fabric
• Are sized big enough for grocery shopping (instead of using plastic or paper bags)
• Include a matching, zippered change-purse with recycled beads rolled from paper
• Come in gorgeous kanga patterns and colors with Swahili sayings
• Contain a DVD telling the story of the seamstress who made it (and more)
• Provide a fair-trade opportunity for needy families to eat and send their children to school!
What a great opportunity to honor the person to whom you are giving! “In your name I’ve purchased this Global Bag Project shopping bag, which provides sustenance for families lifting themselves out of poverty while also helping the environment.” Such a simple idea with profound results! Consider purchasing a Global Bag Project shopping bag as a viable option gift-giving option this holiday season.
If you are in the Chicago area and want to sign up for a Home Bag-Party for next year 2010, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are out of the Chicago area and will be a willing participant to test the “BAG PARTY IN A BOX” concept and give us feedback, also contact us at the above e-mail address.